This blog post will provide you with a list of the best WordPress CDN services for a faster website. A CDN also known as a content delivery network is essential for anyone who wants to speed up a WordPress website to get more traffic, visitors, and sales.
What is Content Delivery Network CDN
For example, if your website is hosted on a server in the UK and a customer from the USA wants to buy the services you offer your website will be slower if you’re not using a CDN. However, if you are using a CDN your website content will be served a lot faster to the customer. This is why a content delivery network is essential to any business that wants to sell products and services online across different geographical regions
Why Do You Need a CDN For Your WordPress Website
- If you have customers across different geographical regions you need a CDN.
- Websites load faster using a Content Delivery Network (CDN)
- Fast websites get more website traffic, visitors, and sales compared to slower websites.
- Fast websites rank higher in the Google search results.
- They decrease your bandwidth consumption.
- Most CDN providers also offer website security and DDOS services to protect your websites from cyber attacks
Best WordPress CDN Services
The following CDN content delivery network services for WordPress included in this blog post can make a big improvement to the overall speed of your WordPress website. Out of all the CDN services listed in this blog post, we would recommend Cloudflare based on features and value for money.
Cloudflare is a popular CDN service that offers one of the largest global networks with 200+ data centers worldwide, most of which are located in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia. This is great if you’re running a business or website which needs to reach a global audience
Cloudflare CDN also incorporates a number of security features to protect your website from security threats. Cloudflare offers free and paid plans and their service can be easily incorporated into your WordPress website.
- Free & Paid CDN plans are available
- 200+ data centers worldwide
- Built-in security including DDOS, web application firewall, bot protection
- Speed optimization features to speed up your website
- Supports HTTP/3
- Offers a free SSL certificate
- Offers a plugin to easily integrate WordPress with Cloudflare
Sucuri is one of the industry leaders that offer CDN services. Sucuri claims its content delivery network improves page speed and reduces server load by 70% on average. They have pop server locations in the USA, Europe, and Asia and 2 CDN locations in Australia and Brazil
- Multiple caching options
- CDN runs on a globally distributed Anycast network.
- Easy to integrate into WordPress, they offer a free plugin
- Offers a Web Application Firewall (WAF) on all plans.
- DDOS Protection
KeyCDN is another popular WordPress CDN solution which is popular for its cutting-edge technology & for focusing on offering speed optimization features included with the plans they offer that are designed to speed up your website content.
- 40+ data centers around the world
- Built-in security features to protect your website from online threats
- Offers a free SSL certificate
- The service is focused on speed offering content and image optimization
Imperva offers more than just a CDN they also provide you with some great security features and functionality to protect your website from DDOS attacks and online threats. Its CDN network consists of 47 data centers and uses cloud servers for load balancing on local and global servers.
- DDoS protection and other security features.
- 47 data centers and uses cloud servers for load balancing on local and global servers.
- Claims to improve website speed performance by up to 50%.
- easy to set up the service via a quick DNS change
CDN77 offers a fast content delivery service. it provides security features like DDoS/DoS protection and SmartWAF. It comes with a client panel that’s visually appealing as well as easy to use. The dashboard helps you keep track of and analyze traffic, bandwidth, hit or miss cache ratio, and so much more.
- Has pop locations around the world
- Offers built-in security features to protect your website
- Automatically optimizes content including images and videos for speed
- DDoS protection and SSL certificates.
- Advanced caching options to speed up a WordPress website
BunnyCDN is a popular WordPress CDN service that offers a Tier 1 Global Network. All servers are SSD Powered which ensures millisecond latencies when serving your files to customers around the world.
- Only $1 minimum monthly charge.
- Free SSL Certificate
- Advanced content caching rules
- A global network of pop servers located around the world
- Powerful built-in security features to protect your website
- Real-time monitoring
CacheFly is another Content delivery service that boasts some impressive features to help you speed up a website. CacheFly focuses on gaming or Video websites that need to stream content to a global audience. They claim to be able to deliver video content with less than 1 ms latency. Gamers or Video viewers can benefit from this as there is no lagging or glitches.
- Latency of less than 1 ms during video delivery
- Fast gaming and downloads.
- Mobile Content Optimization.
- Integration with multiple CDNs.
- Servers available in 50 locations